TOWN OF LIBERTY SLOGAN CONTEST
The Town of Liberty, N.Y. is looking for your input and creativity on an original slogan that best represents the identity of the Town. The slogan should be a short (2 to 8 words) catch phrase that can focus on the people, or the place, but represents what makes the Town of Liberty a special place to live or visit.
A slogan, motto or tagline is a great way to quickly describe a Town’s style or personality. Often, with just a few words or a sentence, an effective slogan can highlight what makes a place appealing or unique and capture the town’s identity.
The Town of Liberty plans to use the winning entry for the marketing and promotion of the Town and could be used on signage, the website, social media, printed materials.
1. All entries must be received by Tuesday, July 31, 2018. Entries may be submitted electronically with the subject line of: “Slogan Contest” to: email@example.com
They may also be mailed or hand delivered to Town Hall at:
Town of Liberty Town Hall
ATTN: Town Clerk/Slogan Contest
120 North Main Street
Liberty, NY 12754
2. All entries must include first and last name, address, phone number, and email address.
3. The contest is open to all individuals with the exception of Town Elected Officials, and their immediate families. Multiple entries are allowed. Only individuals are allowed to enter, the contest is not open to companies or organizations.
4. The slogan must be original, slogans similar or the same as existing copyrighted materials will be disqualified.
5. If there are two or more entries with the same or similar slogans, the entry submitted first will be considered.
6. No late entries will be accepted for any reason. The entry deadline is July 31, 2018 @ 4:00 p.m. All entries must be received by this date and time so please allow adequate time for mailing.
7. All entries become the property of the Town of Liberty, and may be used as they determine, including marketing, promotions, governmental, and other civic related purposes.
8. The Town of Liberty reserves the right to use parts of the winning slogan or parts of any submitted slogan to create a new slogan for its use. The Town of Liberty is not required to use any winning slogan.
9. Decisions of the Town of Liberty Town Board with respect to the contest are final.
10. The winner is entitled to bragging rights and will be awarded a Gift Basket filled with product from local Town of Liberty businesses. There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize awarded.
11. Entrants, or their parent/guardian, consent to the use of their name and photograph in news and other promotional materials related to the contest.
JUDGING/SELECTION OF WINNER & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
• Semi-finalist slogan selections will be performed by a vote of the Liberty Town Board. The semifinalists will then be opened to the Town of Liberty public, and finalists will then be chosen via the public. A final selection will be chosen by a vote of the Liberty Town Board from the semi-finalists chosen by the public.
• The Town of Liberty reserves the right to use parts of the winning slogan or slogans to create a new slogan for its use. The Town of Liberty is not required to use any winning slogan.
• The Town of Liberty reserves the right to disqualify any entry that does not meet requirements.
• All rights of the selected entry become property of the Town of Liberty, NY.
By entering the contest, the entrant agrees that, if selected, all rights that the entrant may have with respect to the slogan and the use thereof shall be relinquished and transferred to the Town of Liberty, and further agrees that the Town of Liberty may use the selected slogan in any capacity and format that it deems fit without demand of compensation from entrant.