The Summer Renaissance Project Supervisor position is in charge of overseeing and maintaining town parks including LaPolt Park, Town Hall, Swan Lake Park, and the Parksville Rail Trail entrance. The Parks and Recreation full time Park Supervisor will supervise the Summer Renaissance Project Supervisor.
• Supervises and participates in the maintenance of the project areas.
• Supervises Renaissance Interns.
• Oversees and performs activities such as planting, weeding, mulching, mowing and litter clean-up.
• Responsibility for the proper care of maintenance equipment.
• Enforces rules and regulations relating to the safe use of park facilities.
• Provides instruction and safety guidelines to subordinates prior to their use of equipment.
• Professionally communicate with staff and patrons.
• Public Relations with area visitors.
• Performs other duties as required by the department.
• 18 years of age or older
• Valid NYS driver’s license
• Knowledge of plant culture, maintenance, and identification
• 1 + year of proven supervisory/management skills
• Ability to work alone or in groups
Hours: Seasonal, 25 hours week – 19 Weeks, May through Sept.
Compensation: Position starts at $17/hour.